Thursday, July 14, 2011

getting back into it


Wasn't able to run on Tuesday as I went for drinks with Lady A after work. It was fun hanging with her and we chatted loads, but I knew that trying to run after a couple of coronas was a bad idea

Planned to go for it on Wednesday, but the heavens opened about 7.30pm, and it was torrential!! I was stuck inside looking out the window, and wishing . . . .

I don't like missing the plan, and need to be more focused on this. Similar to what Coach Alem said, 'train hard, run easy' and that is what I need to do for the marathon, I really want to do well this year.

Was reading on active.com and saw this headset / mp3 player being advertised. What do you think? Looks really cool and it solves the problem of wires dangling everywhere. However just with my luck, based on the advise of Mr CBD (my coach), I have tried running without music for the past two weeks and it is a very different experience, which I think I like. I am more aware of my environment, and I need to dig deep when I am tired, as opposed to depending on a song to pep me up. Let's see how long that lasts for :)

Also looks like I might be doing the Philadelphia Rock 'n' Roll half in September. Was speaking with the chef and she mentioned it, and I was thinking to myself, why not? It makes sense and I get to see another city, so get ready Philly, this runner is coming to town

Ran 3 miles this evening at about 9.03 pace; trying to do another tomorrow morning, fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment