Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday run - 7 miles, wooo hooo . . . . .


Well, I did it. I really didn't feel like waking up this morning, but I am trying to get myself back on track, so I can actually look forward to my runs

Did today's run in Prospect Park as I wanted to feel the challenge of that nasty hill and see how I coped. Based on the advise of Coach CBD, I tried my longest run to date without music. It is funny how you almost start singing to yourself during the run

I did good until 2.6miles in when I took a sip of Gatorade, but might have taken too much as my stomach felt funny shortly after. The going was good, and there was no cramping at all

I do know that I need to set aside some time for hill training. Hills always knock me out and I need to figure out the best way up them. I am open to ideas people

With the coming week of training, the one thing I will try to do is avoid stopping at all during the runs, unless it is absolutely necessary. Slowing it down to trot as I do what I need to do then pick it up again

Really psyched for this. Not planning to cheat on foods, loads of water and fruits to flush my system - bring it on people - I am fired up

Oh and the Balega socks were good, fit well and didn't give me the usual toe nail pull I get. I had a 9:52 pace and I know some areas I need to work on, so it was a good finish to the week,

Waiting for Tuesday morning so I can go pound some pavement. Comment as you see fit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment